Thursday, August 5, 2010

Annorexic Pretzels

Okay, so I'm the first to read into ads and find the multitude of ways that they might be offensive to women. But this ad that stirring up oh-so-much controvery in NYC is not one of them.


I kind of think it's cute. I think it's being tongue in cheek about the saying, "You can never be too thin." I don't think they want people to be annorexic. I think that, at worst, they might be saying that these pretzels might be a healthy snack alternative (though the article points out that given the calorie content, they aren't). But I think we have far more disturbing advertising images to get our panties in a wad over. Really, I do.

And when you have other articles, like this one about a British Health Minister that says calling kids fat will shame them into losing weight, then I think we have bigger issues to tackle than a pretzel ad that people believe is promoting annorexia.

No comments:

Post a Comment