Monday, June 28, 2010

R.I.P. "Targeted Women"

Hello All,

Many of you who follow the blog probably know of my love for Sarah Haskins, the host of CurrentTV’s “Targeted Women.” The show had been a comedic, feminist beacon of criticism for all the crazy products that companies target toward women. Unfortunately, the Haskins era has come to an end (moment of silence). I know, I know, you are all probably just as sad and outraged as I am, but there is hope.

CurrentTV has brought in Erin Gibson to do a new series that follows the general theme of Haskins’ show. There was even a symbolic passing-of-the-torch ceremony (or, in this case, golden tampon) to usher in the new era of Gibson.



Gibson’s show is called “Modern Lady.” It might be a little too early to say whether or not she lives up to the standard that Haskins has set, but I am still excited to hear her views.

No comments:

Post a Comment